Hilton Head Plastic Surgery & MedSpa offers a variety of injections that rejuvenate the face by reducing or eliminating lines and wrinkles, enhancing lips, increasing collagen production, and visibly improving age-related volume loss.
As we age, our faces naturally lose subcutaneous fat. Facial muscles are then working closer to the skin surface, so smile lines and crow’s feet become more apparent. The facial skin also stretches, adding to this loss of facial volume. Other factors that affect facial skin include sun exposure, heredity, and lifestyle.
Dermal injectables help to diminish facial lines and restore volume and fullness in the face.
What Injectables Can Do
- Plump thin lips
- Enhance shallow contours
- Soften facial creases and wrinkles
- Improve the appearance of recessed scars
- Reconstruct contour deformities in the face
- Decrease or remove the shadow of the lower lids
- Injectables can be very helpful in those with early signs of aging, or as a value-added part of facial rejuvenation surgery
What Injectables Can’t Do
For some patients, surgery such as a facelift may be the best approach. Non-surgical rejuvenation treatments, such as soft tissue fillers, cannot achieve the same results, but may help delay the time when consideration of a facelift becomes appropriate. It is important to remember that injectables are temporary treatments for facial aging and that ongoing treatments will be needed for long-term results.